EMERGING TECHNOLOGY FOR EMERGING NEEDS
Throughout the Dialogue, communities and experts shared their advice and priorities with the Red Cross and Red Crescent. Their sentiments serve as formal recommendations to assist technologists, business leaders, governments, researchers and nonprofits in realizing emerging technology for emerging needs. The Red Cross and Red Crescent urges these actors to take note of the following five commonly shared requests from across the globe, ranging from the way technology solutions are introduced to the most desired humanitarian use cases.
- Engage local community members in the design, manufacturing and introduction of new technology solutions
- Support consumer access, management and ownership of emerging technology
- Research the impact of technology on community resilience
- Establish supportive policies, systems and guidance for the development and use of emerging technologies
- Invest first in four emerging technology use cases that address actual barriers to resilience
Read More: A Vision for the Humanitarian Use of Emerging Technology for Emerging Needs